Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing now!

Hello forum,
    Have a 1977 GS750D which has been starting with no problem, until now! I have had the battery box and plate powder coated (Nice job) but when putting it back together again.
    I Have neutral light and oil light, 12.9v on battery, but when I press the starter button there is nothing, no click, no attempt to turn over! I am assuming that I need to scrap the earth points on the powder coated areas or am I missing something else? Pretty sure it is back together alright?

Regards

Little Wagon

The starter solenoid frame needs to be grounded , or no click with button push
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Cheers tom203
      Where is the best place to ground the starter solenoid?
      Regards

Little Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by little wagon View Post
        Cheers tom203
        Where is the best place to ground the starter solenoid?
        Regards

Little Wagon
        THe bolt that mounts the starter solenoid ..... the wiring harness should have a gorund wire (blk/wht) with a ring terminal to to put on the starter solenoid mounting bolt. And many folks add there own ground wire there too to battery negitive, this serves as a back up to the one in the wiring harnesss.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
        X