Gear indicator illuminated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear indicator illuminated?

On a bone stock '82 or '83 11e, is the gear indicator illuminated?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Not very well.

Comment

I don't recall really being able to read it at night on my 82 (with 83' gauge cluster).
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Gear indicators are for girls.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
          I don't recall really being able to read it at night on my 82 (with 83' gauge cluster).
          That is because the bulb is so small.

i have Rob an LED retrofit 3 years ago, I guess he never installed it

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            That is because the bulb is so small.

I (sold) Rob an LED retrofit 3 years ago, I guess he never installed it
            Good memory!

Patience - I'm gathering up the parts for her Spring rebirth (bike's been off the road for two years now).
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

OK, now you have my curiosity... where did you find an LED retrofit gear indicator?
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                OK, now you have my curiosity... where did you find an LED retrofit gear indicator?
                The LED indicators on eBay, can be epoxyed into the existing enclosure( small 1.5"x1.5" at the bottom of the gauge clam shell).

They look stock albeit much brighter.

something like this.

Comment

Working...
                X