SH775 or SH847 Manufactuer source ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SH775 or SH847 Manufactuer source ?

I sold my beloved 83 GS1100E to my friend. He's got it looking awesome. I did the charging system on it in 2014 and with y'alls help it worked great.

Now I'm fixing the charging system on my 07 Vstrom. It has burnt stator symptoms and I'm going to replace it and the R/R. I purchased a SH775 in 2014 for about 65. plus shipping. I can't remember what it originally came on or what year it was. Roadster cycle is a little pricey , who's got them the ( reg./rec.) for a good price? I want OEM stuff no Ebay or amazon poop.

They are made by Shindengen and can be found on Polaris systems mostly.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

need specific year and model. my memory has failed me.

Comment

I haven’t looked lately for one but you can usually find a real used one on EBay for $40-50. I and lots of other members have. Be careful though. Make sure it has SH775xx (letters after the 775 vary but they’re the same thing) stamped on the top fin. Or even better, seek out member Nessism. He buys used ones, tests them and resells them. He will hook you up and back up what he sells I’m sure. I think most would agree that buying a brand new one is a waste of money since these things seem to last.

Searching eBay for Polaris or Razor or Ski Doo regulator often yields better results than searching for SH 775.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-28-2019, 09:39 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Last spring I replaced the R&R for my 06 Triumph Sprint with a SH-847, which is Suzuki part # 32800-31J00 ( used on DL-1000A, V-Strum 2014-16) (Partzilla 3/12/18 $154.03 plus shipping) I used this item as it was recomended by the Triumph RAT forum. This is a 50amp unit which is a bit overkill for our GS'es but pefect for the V-Strom and a Sprint. I believe the SH-775 is in the 30amp range........
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Polaris part #4012941
            This unit will have that part number and SH775BA on the end.

SeaDoo part#710001103
            This unit will have that part number and SH775AA on the end.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Searching eBay for Polaris or Razor or Ski Doo regulator often yields better results than searching for SH 775.
            I had good results from searching for the OEM part number then filtering for used items. I found my SH775 from a SeaDoo for $37.
            Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
            2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
              SeaDoo part#710001103
              This unit will have that part number and SH775AA on the end.

Be careful when searching. There are a couple of Seadoo units on ebay without the aluminum backplate. Strange. I'm not sure if the plate fell off or if there is a different type of SH775 Seadoo uses. Or maybe these are not SH775's? There are lots of counterfeits around.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks all. I'm tempted to get Nessism's Used SH775 because China has been working overtime flooding Ebay and amazon with god knows what. I'm still looking and thinking. Looks like OEM prices for Reg/Rect. have doubled since 2014 but my pay hasn't. And I still need a stator, connectors & wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Be careful when searching. There are a couple of Seadoo units on ebay without the aluminum backplate. Strange. I'm not sure if the plate fell off or if there is a different type of SH775 Seadoo uses. Or maybe these are not SH775's? There are lots of counterfeits around.
                  Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't noticed this.
                  Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                  2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                  1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
                  X