What does this connector connect to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this connector connect to?

Hey guys, having trouble getting my bike's starter to click and i think this may be the culprit, it is attached to the start/kill right hand switches. What is it and what does it connect to?Wire.jpg

What bike?

Please add your bike to your signature line to avoid this question in the future

I'm pretty sure the yellow green wire is the one you should check. Look at the top of the solenoid to confirm
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Briefcasezebra View Post
      Hey guys, having trouble getting my bike's starter to click and i think this may be the culprit, it is attached to the start/kill right hand switches. What is it and what does it connect to?[ATTACH=CONFIG]57485[/ATTACH]
      I am going to turn that around and say:
      "Hey, guy, sorry about your starter, but it would REALLY help to know what bike we are discussing."

I see several "connectors" in your picture, but only one appears to be disconnected, so let's talk about that one, the one with the yellow wires coming out the left side.

The one thing you have going for you right now is that Suzuki was pretty good about color-coding their wires rather consistently. Yellow wires were used from the main harness to feed the headlight beam selector switch, so look for a yellow wire that comes from the left side of the handlebar.

And, as Big T mentioned, please create a signature that mentions your bike.
      Some of us have multiple lines, some have links to pictures and other fancy stuff, yours could be as simple as:
      "Current ride/project: 19xx GSxxx"

If you need help creating a signature, let me know in a PM.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thank you Steve! I took care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Briefcasezebra View Post
          Hey guys, having trouble getting my bike's starter to click and i think this may be the culprit, it is attached to the start/kill right hand switches. What is it and what does it connect to?[ATTACH=CONFIG]57485[/ATTACH]
          What color is the wiring on that empty bullet connector, yellow with brown stripe?
          1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
          1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
          Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Working...
          X