deleting middle part of dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting middle part of dash

does the speedo and tach work from the cable that goes to the engine and the wheel or does it need to be plugged in the harness too or is it just for lighting. i am not doing this anytime soon i know electrical work is a b**** and dont mess with it but i do want to eventually delete the middle section of my dash, the speedo and tach come off of it with one bolt i feel like it was intentional

if theres any way i could do the gear indicator in one of the gauges thatd be sick but i dont think thats possible for me, itd prob be in the tach
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

As far as I know, the speedo and tach are completely mechanical, save for the back lights. I've had them opened up just to replace those lights.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Now this is kind'f different. Most everyone want everything "to work" on any of these old bikes, the more perfect the better. You're wanting to make yours go away & not "not work"??? Yep, really kind'f different, but we all see things different. Good luck.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Now this is kind'f different. Most everyone want everything "to work" on any of these old bikes, the more perfect the better. You're wanting to make yours go away & not "not work"??? Yep, really kind'f different, but we all see things different. Good luck.
        the only thing i liked in the middle was the fuel gauge and gear indicator and the piece that measures my fuel level was rusted out beyond repair so now i dont measure my fuel. and i like minimalism i think itd look cooler with the speedo and tach and thats it. ill hold all the original parts though.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
          now i dont measure my fuel
          and by that i mean i took it off and its mount
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Working...