What do these wires do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do these wires do.

Looking at the wiring Diagram and wondering what these do. On my 82 gs1100e It has auto cancel signals that have never work and don't care to get them to work but was wondering what the Light green/Black and the Brown/ Yellow. The wires go straight from the switch to the cancel box.

When the green/black is connected to the orange/red wire inside the switch, it starts the timing cycle in the control unit. When the brown/yellow wire is connected to the black/white wire inside the switch, it manually cancels the timing cycle.

You say your auto cancel doesn't work? Are you sure you have all the correct parts and are using it correctly?
    You MUST have a Suzuki flasher unit installed. There are NO OTHER 3-pin flashers that you can buy anywhere else that will work with the auto-cancel system.

Operation: Note that there are FIVE positions on the turn signal switch.
    #1 is farthest to the left. When pushed here, the signals will start flashing and the button is spring-loaded to return to position #2.
    #2 will keep the left turn signal ON until the cancel sequence is completed.
    #3 will manually cancel the auto cancel sequence from either direction.
    #4 will keep the right turn signal ON until the cancel sequence is completed.
    #5 is farthest to the right. When pushed here, the signals will start flashing and the button is spring-loaded to return to position #4.

The auto-cancel system is designed to cancel the signals after the bike had traveled more than 10 seconds at more than 10 MPH. This allows you to turn a signal on while slowing into a turn lane, the signal will continue flashing while waiting for the light, then as you go around the corner, will turn off about the time you straighten out. I like to signal my intentions before moving to the turn lane, so I tend to re-trigger a timing cycle before the first one ends.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I don't have the 3 pin flasher and my speed sensor is damaged. Rode 2 summers with remembering to manually turn them off.

Comment

Easily fixed, if you want.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X