Left hand controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left hand controls

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 82 GS850GLZ I’ve been restoring the bigger components first and working to the smaller things, and I realized my turn signal switch is so loose that when I riding faster than like 20 it will vibrate and turn the flashers on one way or the other. And when I turn the brights on almost every time it will turn one of the blinkers on. I’m trying to see if there is a way to fix it without buying new controls.

Take it apart and look inside to see what is loose or if you have any bare wires touching. Just be sure to put a plastic sandwich bag over it to catch any small bits before they go flying
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had already taken it apart to clean the contacts. My horn button was inop until I did. But the switch will slide side to side very easy and it’s like there isn’t anything catching it in the middle position.

Comment

Originally posted by GearHead View Post
        I had already taken it apart to clean the contacts. My horn button was inop until I did. But the switch will slide side to side very easy and it’s like there isn’t anything catching it in the middle position.
        More than likely it has a broken component inside that's now allowing it to do as you described. Not likely that you'll have success in fixing it if it's damaged.

Lots of used parts out there. I'd check on ebay first or even post in the parts wanted section here on the GSR.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
        X