Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Issue With Turn Signal/Brake light Circut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Issue With Turn Signal/Brake light Circut.

Hello,
    I am having an odd issue with my GS1100GL, I got the bike without signals and wired in some cheap incandescent ones. I couldn't get them to work without jumping the green wire on the relay to the shared ground for the rear turn signals. While this is sub optimal, I was fine with it since It allowed me to get the bike on the road. Unfortunately those cheap signals decided they would fall apart and lose parts.
    So that brings us to now, I have two wire LED signals and can get them to function in the same way, but with the added dash light diode ( which can not be grounded to the old signal ground or only the front signals have power) The issue is that I no longer have a functioning brake light. If I connect the ground coming off of the brake light to the bike frame I get the second filament to come on, but nothing when either of the brake switches are activated. I am 100% at a loss here and have tried all manner of bridging the circuits and can not get the brake light to function, so any insight is greatly appreciated. I apologize if this question has already been asked, I couldn't find it while searching on mobile.

Thanks!
Working...
X