1982 Suzuki gs650 need help finding a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 Suzuki gs650 need help finding a part

I’ve got a 1982 Suzuki gs650 with bad switches on the right hand side. I’ve been looking online but I’ve been having a lot of trouble finding a similar part. My right hand side has the lights, starter and kill switch. The ones I’ve seen online have the starter and kill switch but no lights. If someone could help me find a link to the part I need I’d really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Zack View Post
    I’ve got a 1982 Suzuki gs650 with bad switches on the right hand side. I’ve been looking online but I’ve been having a lot of trouble finding a similar part. My right hand side has the lights, starter and kill switch. The ones I’ve seen online have the starter and kill switch but no lights. If someone could help me find a link to the part I need I’d really appreciate it.
    Welcome to TheGSR.

All GSs I know have hi/lo switch on left, and any 1980 and after did not have a light on/off switch.

Ebay would be a good source for something like that.

ALso note: the 650 is the one model that has some parts that are not as interchangeable as most other models. But I dont know about the right hand controls.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Zack, if you show us a pic, someone will be able to tell you if that right hand switch is original or not. I’m thinking not.
      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-27-2020, 03:08 PM.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm repeating what others have said but...
        again: a picture of the switch might help.

MY 1982 GS650G (Canada) has a left side HI/LOW beam but no on/off switch anywhere. Headlight on/off switches were mostly disabled or removed in the early 80s as the laws changed requiring daylight headlights ....
        Also if you look at CMNSL there are several "GS650s"..made for various parts of the world (the "E03" you see in the titles would be USA-except California which is E33...) Unfortunately the pictures all look the same and you only have part numbers to compare for "differences". I suppose if you are sure your switch is OEM, you could try the differing part numbers on google or Ebay. It's worked for me on occasion where the part is hard to find easily.
        ✓ Suzuki spare parts for GS650 Motorcycle. ✓ Swift delivery ✓ Original Suzuki GS650 parts

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Zack, if you show us a pic, someone will be able to tell you if that right hand switch is original or not. I’m thinking not.
          i think I attached pictures but I’m not sure.
          Attached Files

Comment

No GS switch that I’ve ever seen. Anyone.... anyone.... Bueller.....Bueller?
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Same layout as my 1980 550, but very different styling.
              1980 GS550ET

Comment

First light switch on the right side that I have seen on a GS.

Common on some other bikes, but not on a GS.

I have thought about getting a similar Kawasaki switch to handle some extra lights, but haven't done it yet.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                X