Battery short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery short

What can cause a battery to have a shortage? Tried charging the battery overnight and the charger showed that the battery has a short, took it to autozone so I could get the core price off of the new battery and had them test the old one just to see if they could get a reading aswell, they said the battery was 11.5volts and had 0 charge. Im perplexed because it has been spinning the motor just fine since I've been doing all this electrical work trying to get all the sparkplugs to work.

Gonna do a fusebox test putting in one fuse in the box at a time seeing if any blow and then will give me a better insight to where I should be looking.

Had had the R/R and stator replaced and plenty connections have been cleaned, all the grounds are stabile. Where to look?
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Did fusebox test and no fuses blew. Still having zero to the littlest spark on the negative coils
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Get the new battery installed and go back to ignition problem.....this ignitor wouldn’t be happy with 11.5 volts. Hopefully you have tested your new r/r and stator setup
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Get the new battery installed and go back to ignition problem.....this ignitor wouldn’t be happy with 11.5 volts. Hopefully you have tested your new r/r and stator setup
        Got a new battery and still having issues with the ignitor but I made a comment on my post about no spark on negative sides, got a huge helping hand today and it's either the negative wire that goes to the ignitor or the ignitor itself, gonna get a test light to solve that.

And I haven't tested them yet but I definitely will be after the help i got today, makes the electrical stuff heaps easier to mess with.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
        X