No announcement yet.

GS OEM aluminum wheels:wheel weights that grip to the center rib of the wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS OEM aluminum wheels:wheel weights that grip to the center rib of the wheel

I prefer to use wheel weights that grip onto the wheel(one-piece alloy OEM Suzuki factory wheels),rather than the stick-on type of weights which disappear..
    I have had a repair business & balanced plenty of different M/C wheels and like using my static balance stand;I can't find my coffee can full of many different wheel weights in storage, so far.
    I want to balance my newly installed tires on my 81' GS450E.
    Do you know which type of wheel weights will grip onto the small 'rib' in the center of the GS alloy wheels;possibly some from an early 80's Honda Comstar alloy wheel ?

I searched hard for them and eventually found some, so they still exist.
    Found 'em on Amazon iirc.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      I searched hard for them and eventually found some, so they still exist.
      Found 'em on Amazon iirc.
      You got a link room your past orders? Would love to know that you found...

Comment

Grubby looking
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Cipher, read the description from Amazon, it don't match the picture. Says stick on, 30 strips & 12 1/4 oz sections per strip.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

In the same boat, i see a few listings on Amazon and eBay, researching. Sometimes called 'P' style. I'm hoping not to have to buy a gazillion of them. Whether tools or screws or other hardware, my garage is full of sets of stuff I needed one or two of, and now have a surplus that I'll never use.

This shows what's on my bike (1st pic, with one unclipped sitting on the rim and turned to show profil). They are lead.

These two are on Amazon, not sure I trust the lower type in the pic but the top type looks promising.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Google "motorcycle wheel weights" and you will find the type that clips to the center rib. Various sources sell them, and they come in various types. I recently used one with my KZ wheel. The clips didn't strike me as particularly secure, so I used some high grade RTV to bond it down as a supplement to the clip for retention.

Found the perfect weights! One small problem: minimum order "1 metric ton"

tire weights.png
              Last edited by Nessism; 07-22-2024, 12:30 PM.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

some people use balance beads, not sure how they would work on tube tires. I used balance plus back in the day like thirty years ago. Not sold anymore, now i use Ride-On , same stuff different color. No need for weights. For extreme cold weather riding may not be the stuff to use. When i live on long island and much younger than now it seemed ok once you got rolling a little. Frozen roads only stopped me. Would bet my life on that stuff and have road or track, many would not.

Comment

Working...
                X