No announcement yet.

Throttle grip removal.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a hot air gun on mine, which is a really powerful hair drier. It softens the rubber/glue and you push from the center of the bars outward. If you pull on the ends it acts like chineese thumb cuffs and tightens onto the bars. This is what worked for me.

Charlie G
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

An R1 tube? Ebay I guess??

Comment

When it comes time to install the new grips....use hairspray........ there is no reason at all to use glue it just makes it virtually impossible to remove them at a later date without damaging them usually to the point of unusable.
        Hairspray will allow the grips to slide on and when dried they hold extremely well, when you need to remove them all you need to do is get a nice firm grip and twist they will come off. I've been using the hairspray for thirty years and it works great.
        Don't use glue, you end damaging them when you remove them.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

WACKY941...dealer told me basically the same thing.They told me to just spray some paint on the bar and let it get a bit tacky..Then if you wanna remove them a goos stiff twisting will break them loose.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Great advice! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X