Oil Change w/filter today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Change w/filter today

Wow what a pita...I have a 82 GS1100ez with Kerker 4-1 & Derale oil cooler w/s.s. braided lines. I actually thought about it for a day....Then really looked at it with thinking I would have to remove the header. Went and bought the oil & filter and checked the clearance, Just enough! Removed the cooler lines from bottom of cooler and was able to pull the cover sideways and pull it down through the header. Its a four hand job with the wife . The only other tricky part was holding the spring in place w/ a long flat blade screwdriver. A little brake clean, purple power Degreaser and rinse down.
    She is running and shifting super smooth. BTW 4qts of oil!

Originally posted by lynchman66 View Post
    Wow what a pita...I have a 82 GS1100ez with Kerker 4-1 & Derale oil cooler w/s.s. braided lines. I actually thought about it for a day....Then really looked at it with thinking I would have to remove the header. Went and bought the oil & filter and checked the clearance, Just enough! Removed the cooler lines from bottom of cooler and was able to pull the cover sideways and pull it down through the header. Its a four hand job with the wife . The only other tricky part was holding the spring in place w/ a long flat blade screwdriver. A little brake clean, purple power Degreaser and rinse down.
    She is running and shifting super smooth. BTW 4qts of oil!

Come on this is a family oriented site getting a 4 handed job by the wife . No pics nessesary , but after the EZ is all spify clean we could use some more pics and a video (OF THE BIKE OF COURSE)

Comment

I wish my wife had four hands.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
      X