Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pressure light staying on after oil change

Hi all,
    I replaced my oil and oil filter this morning.

But when I started the bike up after I was all finished I notice the oil pressure light is staying on while the bike is running.

I removed the Oil pressure senor cover to make sure the screw was tight enough, put the cover back on but the light stayed on.

Then I noticed when the cover is removed it works as it should do, but the minute I put it back on the light pops on.

There is a conection, which im guessing is an earth, like a small slip on sleave type of thing right beside the sensor srcew, but it doesnt show this in my manual, so im not sure what it is.

Any ideas how to get it back to normal?
    Thanks

Is your oil pressure indicator connected? That flat connector slides over top of the pressure sensor (the flat pushable tip like thing on it) You probably might not want to ever take that off again btw, unless you're prepared to replace the oring/gaskets on it... Don't be surprised to see it start leaking from around that..

Comment

I didnt remove the full assy.

Just removed the cover, the wire, and this metal tube-like conection that just slipped right off and back on again. Its to the left of the wire as you look at it.

Comment

Ahhh, problem solved.

Part of the wire was slightly bare, at the back where it was hard to see, and must have been touching the filter cover when i would bolt back on the wire cap.
        Put a bit of tape around it and its now sorted!

Still not sure what that sleave-like conection is though

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
          Ahhh, problem solved.

Still not sure what that sleave-like conection is though
          Congrats, I was thinking it sounded like a short. Have a pic of the connector in question?

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
          X