Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air filter installation

Hello, I have a 1983 GS750ES.\
    This might sound silly, but I pulled the air filter as directed in the manual to clean the element, and now I can't get it back in. It drops in enough to engage the screws, but there is about a 1/4" gap around the top, yet the cage is tight against the bottom of the filter box. I tried without the element installed and same problem. Any suggestions?

I did not notice if the gap was there before I removed the filter. I can't imagine that it will seal the way it is now =(

Did you look at a parts diagram for air cleaner assembly to ensure that you have all the right mating pieces? Since you tried it without filter element and it didn't work, maybe a P.O. got creative.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It looks correct from the diagram in the manual. The PO had the 2 screws holding it in place, but it was not locked under the plastic tab at the front edge. I think maybe the airbox warped out of shape while it was improperly installed.

For now I cut a "donut" of foam to fill the gap, and will keep an eye on it to see if things start to settle into position...

Comment

Working...
      X