Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does the rear brake swith attatch to the arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the rear brake swith attatch to the arm?

I ordered a replacement rear brake switch because the PO removed it before I bought it. I know how to attach it to the frame but the spring end of it it what is confusing me. It seems awfully short but Im just not sure where its supposed to mount. Anyone have any pictures that can help me out?

This is what I bought:

I was looking at the same thing the other day. Part of the lever inside the frame on the opposite side where the break pedal is located are two small holes. I believe that is where it attaches.

Comment

Originally posted by DrImodium View Post
      I ordered a replacement rear brake switch because the PO removed it before I bought it. I know how to attach it to the frame but the spring end of it it what is confusing me. It seems awfully short but Im just not sure where its supposed to mount. Anyone have any pictures that can help me out?

This is what I bought:
      Looks short compared to mine! However, look for brake return spring ( just inside frame), real close to it,there should be a small hole that brake switch spring hooks into. Basscliff might have glossy pics of area!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

On the frame right above the rear master cylinder you will see what looks like two little u shaped forks welded to the inside of the frame...one nut and washer goes on each asdie of that u shaped holder area, then the spring wire goes down to the hole in the bracket that the master cylinder pushrod attatches to. There should be 2 holes there..one with the pushrod attatched and another for the end of the spring to go into,.
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 10-27-2010, 10:04 AM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X