Brake and clutch cables too loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake and clutch cables too loose

I looked on the BikeCliff website and previous posts but I didnt see where you would go to tighten these up. There is a large gap in both of these at the handle bar. I tried screwing it in further at up at the grip, but it wouldnt screw in any further. Any advise on how to fix this? Thanks.

81 Suzuki GS650L

Originally posted by jareed17 View Post
    I looked on the BikeCliff website and previous posts but I didnt see where you would go to tighten these up. There is a large gap in both of these at the handle bar. I tried screwing it in further at up at the grip, but it wouldnt screw in any further. Any advise on how to fix this? Thanks.

81 Suzuki GS650L
    Hopefully there's no cable on front brakes, so i"ll assume your front brake lever has too much play- the hydraulics need attention and Basscliff's site should be a good starting point.
    As for clutch cable, most of play is taken up at clutch end and handlebar adjustment is for fine tuning. Best to start by disconnecting at clutch end and making sure cable is still useable. If it's 30 years old, don't waste your time with it- get another for less than $20 bucks and then make your adjustments.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hi,

Here's a couple of pages from the manual for my bike. You can download a manual for your bike from my website.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X