Got scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got scared

Bike has not been started since october,probably the longest period of time not running in the 25 years I have owned it, battery tender on the whole time.When I started it last friday it turned over real fast and then started... but made a lot of racket, So I shut it down and while at work I thought about what the racket could be. Ran fine when I put it up for the year.{have another bike I mainly use for riding to work}.So when I got home decided to find out what was going on with the old 1100.First I started it up again...It ran fine with no noise...only thing I could think of was a stuck valve, just glad no racket..but does anyone think I need to look into it any more??????

Change the oil and inspect the filter.
    It might have just been oil starvation.

Daniel

Comment

Starter clutch maybe ?

Comment

Ride it.
        If there's a problem you will find out soon enough.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yep, all the oil would have drained away, and on the first start it would have taken a minute or two for the pressure to build up all around the motor, so it would rattled like heck until then.
          I am with Tom, ride it, you will probably find all is well, if not, you will find out soon enough.
          After an extended hibernation, I like to disconnect the coils, or pull the plug leads off and crank it over on the starter until the oil light goes out then connect up and fire it up.

Comment

Thanks for replys,after 20 mile ride it seems all is well.

Comment

October, that's it?
              Mine has been sitting longer than that. heh.

I've had my bike down for 6-9 months, a couple times now.

She'll fire right up, first try, every time!

They might sputter and complain a little bit, but you just gotta let the motor warm up, and find it's comfort zone again.

Comment

Always have some glory hunters on here,but thank god there is a lot of good advice

Comment

Working...
                X