Outside Diameter
    7/8"
    Actual Outside Diameter
    .880"
    Material
    PTFE
    Temperature Range
    -100° to +500°F
    Sorry, the pic sux for measurements but Im familiar with oring sizes.

Its a -115. Equates to the measurements posted. The stock orings are probably the same parts from 1982. They have come along way since then with manufacturing materials. The posted orings are teflon (PTFE). Look at the temp range. These orings I got from Slozuki look like hardware store parts.

This of course is just my humble opinion .
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Take out & replace ONE AT A TIME so you don't affect the head torque.
      Ray, my Valve cover is off (Valve adj) . Im changing the 2 orings. Should I do anything to the other head bolts / nuts ? Re torque ? I have new tach drive seals. Anything else to look for while shes opened up ? Thanks......
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Pretty amazing what those 2 little o-rings do.

Thought I had a head gasket leak for sure but 2 new o rings on those nuts and clean engine.
        83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Dave, you can check the head torque if you want but if it's got over 10 thousand miles on it already it shouldn't be an issue. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Dave, you can check the head torque if you want but if it's got over 10 thousand miles on it already it shouldn't be an issue. Ray.
            Mine had a twisted crank back in 1983 so it was opened up and the crank was replaced. Would they (he) have loosened the head bolts to do the crank ?
            82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

To change the crank requires complete disassembly due to the cam chain. so, yes. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Mine had a twisted crank back in 1983 so it was opened up and the crank was replaced. Would they (he) have loosened the head bolts to do the crank ?
                Is that a serious or sarcastic question?

Comment

Serious. I thought maybe it could be done from the bottom. Ive never had one apart.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

I had one start leaking, a few yrs back. Took a while to find where oil was coming from due to wind blowing it everywhere. Got new from Suzuki, easy fix, do both "O" rings + valve adjustment while in there.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

HOLY COW, rp, this thread had been dead for ELEVEN YEARS before you started it back up.

Comment

Don't ask me how this happened, I promise I didn't go back 11 yrs to find it. Normally I just click on new topics & look at what's there & only respond to what comes up. Heck, I wouldn't know how to go back 11 yrs to find something. Possibly a ghost from the new layout?
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                        X