82 gs750e horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs750e horns

Sorry for being so stupid but I haven't tinkered for years! Anyway, I have 2 stock horns I am trying to hook up. there are 2 terminals on the back and a small phillips head screw. Is the screw for a ground wire? if the wire from the handlebar connects to one terminal, what goes to the other? I want both horns connected and working so any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by mret430 View Post
    Sorry for being so stupid but I haven't tinkered for years! Anyway, I have 2 stock horns I am trying to hook up. there are 2 terminals on the back and a small phillips head screw. Is the screw for a ground wire? if the wire from the handlebar connects to one terminal, what goes to the other? I want both horns connected and working so any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking at the parts fiche:

You should have two wires for each horn coming off the harness itself. That screw you are referring to is probably what just holds the horn together.

By the way, your local parts house or any of them who have online web sites will have these parts fiches. I use my local (www.apexsportsinc.com) or a lot of us use www.babbittsonline.com.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Great thanks! After looking closer there is only one wire which goes to the handlebar switch. The previous owner did alot of rigging with electronics. What next?

Comment

Why don't you post up a picture of what you are facing and maybe we can suggest something else.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Screw it

Nothing connects to the screw. It's there to adjust tension on the horn's diaphram. If you mess with it, (which I DON'T suggest) it will change the tone...or completely stop making noise, which isn't good!
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Your gs750e has horns? I'm so envious, mine doesn't have horns.

Comment

Holy ****, how can you possibly ride without horns!?

I got tired of getting cut off, it was the best $100 I ever spent.

I'd rip that stock junk outta there, and replace it with something else.

Comment

Thanks to all so far. I'll post a pix and figure out a plan with the support of you all out there!

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
                  Holy ****, how can you possibly ride without horns!?

I got tired of getting cut off, it was the best $100 I ever spent.

I'd rip that stock junk outta there, and replace it with something else.

100$ you can get a mini airhorn or just a 130db horn from an auto parts store for no more than 30$

Comment

Originally posted by refeicul View Post
                    100$ you can get a mini airhorn or just a 130db horn from an auto parts store for no more than 30$
                    My favorite is the "bad boy" horn.
                    $38 at harbor freight, somewhat more at pep boys.
                    Its an actual air horn with a compressor, but the horns are directly attached to the compressor so you dont need to mess with tubing.

Nice and compact, but as loud as any of the other airhorns I've tried.
                    1 bolt mounts it.

Comes with the required relay too.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
                      My favorite is the "bad boy" horn.
                      $38 at harbor freight
                      and dont for get the coupon code "SHOP20" for 20% off

Comment

Originally posted by refeicul View Post
                        Yeah I know, but I didn't want plastic horns.
                        I wanted metal trumpets, so my exhaust pipes won't melt them, because that's where I had to mount em, lol.

I like doin custom setups, more fun =)

But you can get a regular cheapo motorcycle airhorn setup for around $30.

Comment

Working...
                        X