Footpeg question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footpeg question

Was looking over the gs700e last night, setting to pull the carbs (before I decided that it was too dark back in that part of the garage to work on them), when I noticed the one foot peg looked strange.

Well the rubber on the right side peg is totally dry rotted. I tried to brush what I thought was greasy tool mark off, and it just crumbled.

I thought this would be a great moment for Alex to start to feel that this Motorcycle is really his. I let him pick out some aftermarket foot pegs, saying that I would get them for him, as an attaboy incentive for the BRC and his road test.
    Then I found that I can't match up those foot pegs with anything else in the fiche I have..
    So, I'm asking you guys, what other Suzuki model foot pegs will fit on the old GS??

ps. I did a search, but I guess I didn't put in the correct keywords.

What year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason the terminator View Post
      What year?
      Sorry its an 1985 gs700e,
      IIRC that was the the only year the gs700's existed, thanks to the 750cc tariff on import bikes to help save Harley.

Comment

If you are talking about part number 22, Partshark has them for this price:

BUSH
        09319-10047 4 $4.60

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          If you are talking about part number 22, Partshark has them for this price:

BUSH
          09319-10047 4 $4.60
          No the part that is dry rotted and falling apart is #7 in that fiche.
          And since I have no love of rubber foot pegs, I was trying to find suitable replacement for both foot pegs - parts 1 & 2.
          I know that many foot pegs use the same size pivot pin and have the same width on the tang, but I can not do a "where else used" on a suzuki part number with my fiche..

Comment

Get the part number for that part and go to Babbittsonline.com. Their parts fiche will do the where else used without a problem.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After some more research, I found that RonAyers.com has their 'where used' lookup working again.
              So with some more reverse searching, It looks like bandit pegs could be a fit.
              I just need to find out the width at the tang and I'm good.

Comment

Working...
              X