84 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotty View Post
    Thanks for the pic and help..I don`t think i can get new ones from part shark or bike bandit.It looks like all internal parts are discontinued.Is there a way i can check to see if the parts are still working?.
    Probably just check to see that they move freely. There may be a spec of something lodged in the bore that the plunger slides in. There's a bolt on the front left edge of the pan that you remove to pull the plunger out. I have an extra pan if you find out that's where your problem is.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If you start thinking that's where the problem is I can send you my extra pan to install and see if it helps.

Comment

I've got one to.Slightly closer.Yours for shipping.

Comment

I don`t even know where to start lol..I checked the temp of the two cooler lines and they were about 20 degrees difference..I would think that would mean it iw working?.Do you think i should just pull the old pan out and check.or does it seem like it might be working with the difference in temp?.Maybe i just need a bigger cooler?.I spoke to the guys that did my head and they think they took off 4 or 5 thou off the head.That doesn`t seem like enough to change anything?.

Comment

The milling shouldn't be enough in and of itself. Sometimes base gaskets and head gaskets aren't the same thickness as the originals. It would be interesting to see some compression numbers. If one oil line is hotter than the other I'd say the plunger is operating the way it should.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing..It wasnt a huge difference but i am not sure what it should be..I will talk to katman i think he has a compression gauge i can use..I moved the needle jet down one more notch and it ran hot still and rich.

Comment

Working...
              X