Look what I scored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I scored!

Was camping with my KLR riding buddies the other night and one of them mentioned he had this 850 standing in the garden for about a year. He T-boned a car and bent the forks, but never got round to fixing or having them fixed. So, how much, was the obvious question and R3000 ($375 in your money) was the answer. The first chance I got to go look was late one evening and at that price, the choice was easy!

Money changed hands and I loaded it on the trailer.

Had to wait for the weekend to really check it out. What a luck! Everything works, except the one broken flicker. It even started! And she's quite pretty too.

Will get the forks straightened initially....

And then I'm thinking of going to a leading link front-end and a sidecar.....

Anybody got some ideas to share regarding sidecars, the front-end, or any other mods before adding a rig to the bike.

Great find! What Country are you in?
    You are going to HAVE to do something about that exhaust.

Daniel

Comment

I will guess South Africa .......

based on the R3000 he paid....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        I will guess South Africa .......

based on the R3000 he paid....

Yup
        Some words to meet the ten character quota

Comment

I have similar ideas on fitting leading link forks and sidecar to my gs.
          There is an engineer here in NZ who has done the same job and am in the process of tracking him down in the hope of duplicating his fork design.Will share any info I turn up.good luck

Comment

Yep, I'm in Sefrica. And that exhaust will be the first thing to go!

Comment

Great find!!!

Comment

Working...
              X