Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centre Stand Rubber - GS 650G 1983 Katana

Hello,

My Katana centre stand bounces off the drive shaft casing. Being new to GS' I can only compare to other bikes I've owned. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a rubber block on the bottom of the centre stand?

If you have one a photo would be ace.

So currently there is only steel and the centre stand rests against the shaft drive when I'm riding (the back of the stand rises up past the heel of my boot).

All help appreciated.

Opa

There should be a little rubber cushion on the stand (LH foot). Part number 09321-10001.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Awesome - thank you kind sir! So it should be on the foot of the stand. I'll get off down to my parts dealer as its bugging me no end.

And of course finest regards to Hants - Down in Oz now but have some very fond memories of trudging around the wilds of Hants (Worthy Down and Barton Stacey)

Comment

Go to any of the parts fiches such as Babbits, Alpha Sprts, Boulevard Suzuki..and look at the parts fiches..they wil show you were everything goes.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Opa Neil,

This tutorial should familiarize you with how to navigate an online parts fiche: CLICK HERE to download a PDF guide for the Alpha-Sports.com site parts cross-reference procedure. But shop around using the vendors in the "mega-welcome" for much better prices.

Now let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X