Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older GS 750

Hi all

I am working on an older GS-750.....Want to make sure I get the right parts....Here is the VIN.....GS750-E 23931.

Any help welcomed

Thanks Perry

Welcome. What exactly are you looking for? What problems are you having? Need more details
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well I am doing a full engine rebuild, and also getting some of the body parts....I just want to make sure I have the right year and model....

Pretty darn sure it is a '78 750E, but I think thay made a EN and EC....does the vin designate which model??

Thanks

Comment

I'm sure someone will be able to answer the VIN side better than me but how about posting up a picture to help out some?

Also, to help even more, throw your location in your profile (one of us might be close to help) and your bike info in your signature so you won't have to remember to tell us every time.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Roger that

I'll get to work on it.....Maine here

Comment

1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

That works for the newer bikes with 17 digit codes.IIRC BassCliff has one for the earlier models. There it is http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/su...nos/engnos.htm

Comment

Perry, the GS750 '77 thru '79 are just about identical. The E designation means it's chain drive, the second letter is the year - C = '78, N = '79.
                Have look at the sticker on the steering head, it shows the date of manufacture.

-Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

It's a 78. Does it have spoked wheels or alloy wheels? E means it has alloy wheels and C is the year code. So a GS750C has spoked wheels from 78 and a GS750EC has alloy wheels from 78.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. lonerider7722,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hey all

Thanks for all the great info. Tomorrow AM I'll take a look at the sticker (it is still there) and get the DOM....I am sure you will hear more from me...

I have a restored 1981 GS 550TX......2009 Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom and a 2000 Kawasaki KL 250 G Super Shrepa in my stable

The GS 750 is a friends that I am going to help him restore...

Again Thanks for all the help...

Perry
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2012, 10:10 PM. Reason: Spelling bad

Comment

Where are you in Maine?
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                        X