how many miles can a 81 750 last ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many miles can a 81 750 last ?

I know GSs can go many miles, but know the year 81 750Ls aren't as tough as the others. Does anyone have the same bike with over 100,000 miles. Reason Im concerned is mine has 70,000 miles

Run it until it drops and let us know.
    I think the bad 750 problems only come when the oil is neglected. Don't run the old oil forever. Don't use poor quality oil.
    Don't let it get low.
    Don't let it idle on the side stand.
    Same old common sense stuff.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

To add to what Toms list says..Ive heard some say they only chnage the oil filters every other oil change. I believe the filter should be changed EVERY time. Also be mindful that these vac operated petcocks can be good one day and bad the next. Keep the sniffer tuned for any excessive gas fumes in the garage or shed. AND always check the oil before you start it ( on the center stand as called for in the manual ) and note if the oil looks fuller than the last time you checked. If the sight glass fills up or the level seems odd, then sniff in the fill cap to see if it smells of gas. The oil level mysteriously getting fuller is a give away of possible petcock failure as well.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I do change her oil [Rotella T] about every 1500 miles, keep the valves alittle on the loose side, and dont beat on her

Comment

I'm thinking beating on it might be a good idea.
          It is a GS after all.
          They like that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X