speedo touble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo touble

Hello out there I am brand new 1981 gs750e owner.I just took my new bike out for a run wow what a sweet driving bike and powerful. The former owner just installed a new speedo cable last month,he said it has been working fine.Now it does not work it looks new I checked it at the wheel and at the back of the speedo they are both snug. Anybody out there have any tips for me as where to check next? thanks much for any help. Brian

Welcome to the site. Did you remove the speedo drive from the wheel, clean, and re-grease it? Are you positive the cable is still good (take a drill and slowly turn it)?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Welcome to the site. Did you remove the speedo drive from the wheel, clean, and re-grease it? Are you positive the cable is still good (take a drill and slowly turn it)?
      And you can check the speedo by spinning the cable counterclockwise while connected at the top end...
      sigpic
      1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
      2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Working...
      X