Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct drive chain for a 77 GS750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not the right chain for your bike.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I just found something that says 630-96, that sounds better to me. Is that right?

Comment

Sounds about right to me. Are you just getting a chain on its own? You would normally buy a chain AND sprockets at the same time. And I would advise you to buy the most expensive you can afford - cheap stuff doesn't last at best and and at worst can be downright bloody dangerous.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. jdonaldno7,

You'll find a chart with the stock chain and sprockets for the GS bikes on my little website. Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

630 chains are becoming scarce. If you change out the sprockets and chain I recommend going with a 530 chain. Lots of good quality chains are available, but you need to change the number of teeth on the sprockets also. I recommend calling Z1Enterprises, or at least visiting their site to see what is available. And be sure and get a good o-ring or x-ring chain. They will last a lot longer and require less maintenance.

Comment

Working...
            X