RPM gauge stopped working? GS1000E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM gauge stopped working? GS1000E

1979 GS1000E, So im riding on the freeway, I look down at my cluster and my tach gauge isnt working, it was giving me problems before, for ex: ill be going 70mph, and the tach needle would just be jumping from 5,000-6,000 rpms, but now it just sits at 0 rpm. Any ideas?

Buy a new tach cable and install it
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

ok thanx, Big T

Comment

And be sure and lube it before installation, and also periodically, such as once a season.

Comment

ok I will, thanx koolaid kid

Comment

just replaced the tach cable,thanx guys, you can see the tip broke off.

Comment

I used powdered graphite on my cables (speedometer, tachometer) to keep things running "SMOOOOOOTH" without binding.
              Here's a listing of vendors starting at about a buck.
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

thanx sedelen, i see your from orlando, are you gonna go to the poker run sept 15-16

Comment

Originally posted by SOCKinside View Post
                  thanx sedelen, i see your from orlando, are you gonna go to the poker run sept 15-16
                  I don't think I'll be going on a poker run, I'm scheduled to work those days. I'm just hoping I can get a day off for Biketoberfest in October. There's alot getting ready to go one in the near future, we got that tropical depression out there that's heading here, the Republican National Convention, and this neverending torrential rain situation.
                  Oh, I see your in Miami, I used to live in Homestead till hurricane Andrew
                  blew it away, on the 24th August (a few days from now) will be the 20th
                  year anniversary of hurricane Andrew, my how time flies.
                  sigpic
                  Steve

Comment

I work at the AIR FORCE base in homestead, yes hurricane andrew messed it up pretty bad, I might be going to biketoberfest also, so who knows i might see u there?

Comment

Originally posted by SOCKinside View Post
                      I work at the AIR FORCE base in homestead, yes hurricane andrew messed it up pretty bad, I might be going to biketoberfest also, so who knows i might see u there?
                      Can you see the Homestead Air Force Base Decal attached to the left side of the headlight to my '78 GS1000E? (Skunk). I was stationed there from Feb 23, 1980 to Sept 4, 1992. The house this pic was taken at no longer exists, in fact they completely tore down the houses including the foundations, only the roads remain. Lots of good memories there. Longest place I ever lived in one spot in my life.
                      sigpic
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X