Part Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Numbers

I've been searching and I couldn't find an easy way to find parts by number without looking them up in the service manual. Is there an easier way?

Originally posted by yoshisakan View Post
    I've been searching and I couldn't find an easy way to find parts by number without looking them up in the service manual. Is there an easier way?

Pull the parts fische for your bike's year & model from any on-line dealer that sells OEM Suzuki parts...
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

What service manual do you have that shows part numbers?

Did you not receive BassCliff's Mega-Welcome? LOTS of information in there.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

www.suzukipartshouse.com

This place uses actual OEM part numbers. Not made up one like bike bandit. Never ordered anything from them since there shipping cost is rediculous even on small parts.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, use an online OEM parts fiche. To get familiar with how to use them, have a look at the following:

Alternate (Free) Parts Cross-Reference Procedure - using a couple of our favorite online resources.

CLICK HERE to download a PDF guide for the Alpha-Sports site cross-reference.
          (Note: If
          the newer part numbers return no results, use the older, superseded numbers.)

1. Start here:
          http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

2. Find your bike by year and model. Select the part you wish to reference.

3. Identify the part number, right-click and copy the part number.

4. Then use Babbit's cross-reference utility here:
          http://www.babbittsonline.com/suzuki-motorcycle-parts

5. Under the "Parts Search" heading, make sure the "Select:" pull-down menu says "Suzuki".

6. Under the "Parts Search by Model" heading, make sure the pull-down menu says "Suzuki".

6. Right-click and paste the part number copied from Alpha-Sports into the box labeled "Part:".

7. Click "Quick Lookup".

8. In the results box click the "Select Model" link.

You are then presented with a pop-up box with every model that the referenced part will fit.

Note: Alpha-Sports also has a parts cross-reference in the pull-down menu under "Special Tools", click "Parts Finder: All".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X