Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
    Oh, shut up and heal.
    Definately gettin there...(thanks for your KIND words)...wrenchin on the bike a bit one handed. Preparing for repairs. Got the gas tank,chain and front sprocket off today. (did I mention it was one handed?)

Pretty manly. I'm gonna go eat some beef jerky now and watch some monster trucks on you tube.lol

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
      I love the Teflon multi-lube, and I have NEVER seen anyone say they used it and ever switch back to something else. Now that I've said that, someone will post on this thread that they did! The only negative commentary I've seen is from people who have never used it, and dismissed it because it wasn't "motorcycle specific" (even though it's labeled as "o-ring safe"). DuPont apparently started making a motorcycle-specific Teflon spray and the reviews I saw still liked the original better! $6 @ Lowes, hard to argue with that!
      I switched yesterday!
      Well, only because I had an almost full can of Maxima Chain Wax that had been sitting on the shelf since I started using the DuPont. I immediately switched back, however, when I saw I could use the Maxima as a cable lube also. So I am back with DuPont. Good stuff, good price.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        Definately gettin there...(thanks for your KIND words)...wrenchin on the bike a bit one handed. Preparing for repairs. Got the gas tank,chain and front sprocket off today. (did I mention it was one handed?)

Pretty manly. I'm gonna go eat some beef jerky now and watch some monster trucks on you tube.lol
        What? no farting and burping???
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

'WARNING' Hijack alert... Loud ET, did you find all the parts you need...
          I still have some stuff I got with a race frame I bought.. Forgot what you needed...
          OK back to the regularly scheduled channel... I am going out to buy sone Teflon from Dupont... seriously I am.
          Curt
          sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Well thanks everyone for the input, I think the chain that is on there is maybe original? I will hopefully be replacing it before next season. It is high on my list along with fork seals.

Comment

Working...
            X