Brake pad drag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may work...

I have had success unsticking a piston that was badly stuck...
    The air wouldn't pop it out...so I used a clamp (woodworking style) and put presure on the piston to go back in...
    Once you get it moving a little bit -- it will eventually pop out with compressed air...
    But mind where your fingers are! The last one I did flew across the room as the popsicle sticks (2) of them fell out of the caliper and didn't stop the piston from popping out with force...
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Well I did get them all cleaned up and working as they should so that's one less worry. And I made a big mental note to never believe anything I maybe told or hear and always check things over myself......especially brakes.

thanks for all the input folks.

spyug

Comment

The pin mentioned in the earlier post always needs a good cleaning before applying grease.
        I lightly engaged mine as you would a bit in a drill and used a green dish scrubby while turning it with the drill.
        Worth checking that the pins are not warped by rolling on a mirror and checking.

Comment

Working...
        X