Interchangeable parts/years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangeable parts/years

I have an 83 gs650 M katana and was wondering which models I could get a gas tank, front master cylinder, and rear shocks from asbi'm having a hard time finding any of these. What about aftermarket shocks, so I need certain ones for a shaft drive?

Thanks!

There are rumors of '81 650 Katanas, but I have only heard of '82 and up. Your gas tank is rather unique, but I think that any 650 Kat will fit.

Master cylinder and shocks can be from any 650. In fact, they are probably similar enough that you can use about anything that fits from 550 to 850, maybe even the 1000.

Nothing special about "shocks for a shaft drive", just need to make sure they have eyes on both ends, not eye/clevis.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Cool thanks! There are a number if different ones I found but insure of how many useable parts I would get. Any recommendation on an aftermarket rear shock? Mine seem worn out and squish way down. Could I just replace the shock part and reuse the spring or is it a pain?

Comment

Many of us like the Hagon shock found at www.davequinnmotorcycles.com
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

How about the Front brake master cylinder? My piston in there is rust welded in and will not come out at all (even tried a torch) so I think I need to find another master cylinder. Is there an aftermarket one I could use that still works the brake switch?

Would this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Front-Hy...90926707832%26

Comment

I don't see why not but I'm no expert either. I put a newer Kawasaki one on mine since I'm also using Kawasaki twinpot calipers; they are working out pretty well so far.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X