How to change/ replace the triple clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change/ replace the triple clamp

I'm doing a cafe racer restoration on 1981 Suzuki Gs650E and I was wondering if I would be able to replace my triple clamp at the top of my forks. I'm changing the stock handle bars to clip ons and I no longer have a use for the handlebar holders, if anybody has any experience and advice with the triple clamp it'd be greatly appreciated!

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=205835&highlight=clip-on&page=2

Check this thread. Maybe you could just remove or repurpose the holders.IT build something to cover them.

Someone else might be able to point you to a compatible triple tree but you might have to do a full front end job.

Comment

Just loosen the pinch bolts and take out the big center nut and washer...tap the top tripple up and off the forks. Rubber mallet at the ends works pretty well.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by GS(X)400 View Post
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=205835&highlight=clip-on&page=2

Check this thread. Maybe you could just remove or repurpose the holders.IT build something to cover them.

Someone else might be able to point you to a compatible triple tree but you might have to do a full front end job.
        That's also something to consider.. I like the design with the clip on over the triple tree, I'll probably end up going with that! Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
        X