Only firing on 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only firing on 3?

My GS1000L is only firing on 3 cylinders? Sitting on bike the outside cylinder on the left isn't firing at all, nothing, nada, zilch. It has spark but not getting fuel. I really am no mechanic so was wondering if could give me some direction please?
    TIA
    Mike

hi Mike and welcome. if it has a spark and you are sure it is not getting fuel then you need to remove the carbs and give them a full strip,soak and rebuild. sounds like there is some dirt clogging up the jets in #1.
    you will need to replace all the o rings as well as they are probably all original and old and tired.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      hi Mike and welcome. if it has a spark and you are sure it is not getting fuel then you need to remove the carbs and give them a full strip,soak and rebuild. sounds like there is some dirt clogging up the jets in #1.
      you will need to replace all the o rings as well as they are probably all original and old and tired.
      Thanks very much. Bit of work then lol. Anything I can cock up too bad?
      M

Comment

you dont say what year your bike is. has it got the BS (CV) carbs or VM (slide) carbs?
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

carb tutorials here.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            you dont say what year your bike is. has it got the BS (CV) carbs or VM (slide) carbs?
            She is a 1979

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
              Thank you Sir

Comment

Working...
              X