Having some trouble bike not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some trouble bike not starting

Hey guys how it going I'm new to the forum this is my first post so sorry if I'm posting this question in the wrong spot but I have a 1982 suzuki gs300l just bought it like 2 weeks ago and ran great until two days ago. The bike started for a second today and when I tried reving it up it turned off and it wouldn't start again it sounds like it wants to because its like ticking over buts that's about it. Here's the events leading to the problem, about 3 days ago I painted the crankcase covers with high heat rustoleum and the exhaust tips I also wrapped the exhaust in a header wrap the bike seemed to run fine that day, the next morning I took it out for a spin and when I parked it at my house I left the key on by accident and the battery died, I pop started it as soon as I noticed I did this by running along side it in second gear with the clutch pulled in and the choke pulled out and it started up and I drove it for about an hour parked it and it started up again but this time it felt like it was bogging in first and second gear for some reason like I would try to go fast in those gears and it felt kind of slow then I was slowing down at a stop sign and it stalled in 1st and I couldn't get it started I was sitting there for like 20 mins and it finally went and I drove it home and parked it, like I said today it started for a second and I tried to rev it in neutral and it died and wouldn't start again I tried spraying some carb cleaner in the airbox I checked the spark plugs and they had spark seemed to be ok and I drained the carbs but some new gas in and I put heet water remover and fuel injector cleaner in it but still no luck, can someone help me out?

Hi, welcome. Congrats on the 'new' bike, sorry that it gave you a few days of false security.

Now it's time to catch up on the 20+ years of neglected maintenance before you can really trust it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome to GSR, Acast. Check in over in the GS Owners section and BassCliff will present you with his MegaWelcome that will let you go through your new-to-you bike and get it back into tip top shape.

Comment

Working...
      X