Nova Scotia riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nova Scotia riders

OK, who you using for insurance? I contacted Primmum, now TD and because I have headers on my bike, gs1000, they will not cover me.

WTF? They said it will make it beyond the acceptable level of HP for a 1000cc bike

I contacted my current auto provider and after 2 calls asking when they are going to have a quote for me they have still not got back to me after 2 business days. WTF is wrong with businesses these days?

46 year old with ZERO accidents and no tickets in over 15 years!

Thanks,
    Daryl
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Sorry, not in Nova Scotia anymore, but I had a gut reaction to your post.

I smell a HEAVY load of BS from your private insurer. There is no way your GS1000 is going to put out more horsepower with just headers compared to the modern sport bikes...what did it have stock? 90hp? A new CBR600RR is over 100hp stock.

True, it might up the ponies a bit, but never so much that it will overpower the stock chassis and frame more than they already are
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Insurance in this country is just weird. I watch a myriad of US television ads trying to sell motorcycle insurance and here its like pulling hens teeth just to get covered.
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
        Sorry, not in Nova Scotia anymore, but I had a gut reaction to your post.

I smell a HEAVY load of BS from your private insurer. There is no way your GS1000 is going to put out more horsepower with just headers compared to the modern sport bikes...what did it have stock? 90hp? A new CBR600RR is over 100hp stock.

True, it might up the ponies a bit, but never so much that it will overpower the stock chassis and frame more than they already are

I feel the same way about the BS. But I effin hate insurance companies so I just said sureeee thanks and hung up.

My current holder will probably be loosing all my business once I get some new quotes on my 3 autos, house and cottage and boat. F u for not getting back to me after 3 days now as it is end of business day here.
        1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

it might be a bit dishonest . I use primmum , and when they have asked me about any modifications I just said no and no, I am the same age as
          well ,I have used them for years and years with no issues, brian

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
            it might be a bit dishonest . I use primmum , and when they have asked me about any modifications I just said no and no, I am the same age as
            well ,I have used them for years and years with no issues, brian
            I felt like saying that. But they will F you over and say you lied and probably not cover you if God forbid you have an accident.

Comment

Yeah do not lie or neglect to tell em stuff
              they will use anything as an excuse not to pay out

I am in NB and have a 175 ish PLPD policy on my 550
              49 no accidents no ticket etc.

I am sure of you go over 550 ther is a hit but that header pipe restrcition is just plain weird,

Did you use the D Insurance website to get a calculation or speak to one of the reps. I was pleasantly surprised when one called me as a result of using the online site. They wanted a bit more money so I said no.

Comment

These folks were recommended to me as a (Very) cheap alternative to our government insurance for the option insurance. My insurance agent says it would run about $300/yr for full coverage on top of PLPD here in BC. Same insurance through ICBC would run in the $1200/year range

'83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  Yeah do not lie or neglect to tell em stuff
                  they will use anything as an excuse not to pay out

I am in NB and have a 175 ish PLPD policy on my 550
                  49 no accidents no ticket etc.

I am sure of you go over 550 ther is a hit but that header pipe restrcition is just plain weird,

Did you use the D Insurance website to get a calculation or speak to one of the reps. I was pleasantly surprised when one called me as a result of using the online site. They wanted a bit more money so I said no.
                  Who is D Insurance? Or do you mean TD?

If TD then I called them Friday and they got back to me today.

Comment

Yes I mean TD
                    No chance of reverting ot OEM pipes sucks.

Comment

Yes I mean TD
                      Thanks, yes no chance of reverting back to the OEM pipes.

Comment

Yes I mean TD
                        Who are you using then?

Comment

Wawanesa is who I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X