Veshra gaskets..any good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veshra gaskets..any good??

Looking to do valve adjustment on the Cooley. Was looking at a Veshra cover gasket for both the clutch cover and the valve cover, Anyone used these and any feed back would be appreciated before I buy.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

I would try it on a gasket that is easy to replace. It will probably work for a while, or you might need some Yamabond or something. Easy enough to fix later if needed. For a head or base gasket, no way. I have used some aftermarket gaskets, including some Vesras, but I can't remember what bike or what gasket it was on.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines.If it leaked then easy to replace. Just that they are way cheaper than OEM and they arent under any real pressures to speak of. Wanted as many opinions before wasting the money.
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

How much cheaper are they?

I have also cut a clutch cover gasket out of gasket paper, even one from a cereal box with good results.

Could even do a valve cover that way if it were really necessary.

Comment

9 bucks and 10 in shipping from one Ebay seller. would be about 32 with shipping from Boulevard.

Comment

Worth a try.
            Cutting one is a lot cheaper..

Comment

I have used them multiple times with out a problem. I even used the entire gasket set on a GS 1100e head and base gaskets, included. Bike has since gone about 25k without those leaking. What I did have leak were the orings on the headnuts.
              I have rellaced the valve cover gasket once since Not because it was leaking
              But to adjust the valves andreplace the leaky orings
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Thanks harry..thats the feed back I need. I have read stay away..they are ok..actual usage speaks volumes though.

Comment

I'd buy an OEM gasket. The material Suzuki uses is sort of rubberized feeling. Aftermarket gaskets are more papery, and tear easier.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

They'll be fine for the valve and clutch covers. I've never had a problem with any gaskets in those areas.
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer
                    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

vesrah are very good gaskets,never had any isues with them ,their brakes or "clutch plates", they are a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                        vesrah are very good gaskets,never had any isues with them ,their brakes or "clutch plates", they are a good choice
                        Members here that have had their Vesrah base gaskets let go at low mileage may disagree.

GS valve covers are prone to leaking, even when using an OEM gasket. Unless the Vesrah gasket is a lot cheaper than OEM, I don't see the point.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Any gasket can fail. I have had oems fail. 95% of all gasket failures are oem.
                          Yes they are 30 years old but still the same alot of these are low mileage failure.
                          As far as aftermarket or oem replacments they are only as good as the installer.
                          I have used both with good results And have had bad results with both when
                          I didn't take the time clean and do things right Rushing the project.
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Versa are fine for the clutch or valve cover. Just make sure you clean all surfaces well and if the rubber moons are old and flat replace them as well. Most important thing is to not over Torque the bolts. This will squish the gasket and cause leaks no matter which gasket you use.

My valve cover bolts had rusted threads. So I ran a tap into all the bolt holes and a die on all the bolts to clean them up. This will give a more accurate torque reading and will help insure that the gasket won't leak.

Comment

Might want to check these guys Chuck to stay with OEM.

11173-49004-H17 1 $17.63 $17.63
                              Tax: $0.00
                              Shipping: $8.00
                              Total: $25.63

David
                              1998 Suzuki Bandit
                              1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                              1978 GS1000 - gone
                              1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Working...
                              X