Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some parts that you would only use suzuki/OEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some parts that you would only use suzuki/OEM?

I'm not looking at anything specifically just kind of curious. I know for example aftermarket carb parts are pretty shanky. Stock ignition coils seem to last damn near forever. Probably piston rings too? Are there any parts that you would never go for an off brand?

Head gasket, base gasket, valve cover gasket.

Comment

.....brake caliper bits and fork seals.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by ezmack View Post
        I'm not looking at anything specifically just kind of curious. I know for example aftermarket carb parts are pretty shanky. Stock ignition coils seem to last damn near forever. Probably piston rings too? Are there any parts that you would never go for an off brand?
        Gaskets and cables particularly the clutch cable. OEMs
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

It's really easier to go with the Suzuki stuff for most everything if they still carry it. Most OEM parts don't cost much if any more than aftermarket, the quality is known.

Series regulators, wheel bearings, carb o rings are a few exceptions.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

clutch plates

Comment

Working...
            X