GS1100ED Clutch dragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100ED Clutch dragging

I have had my bike sitting around for almost two years (sorry the big D). Cleaned the carbs today and plan on getting it registered tomorrow. Also have the SSPB installed.

So basically this thing has not run for more than 20 minutes in those two years. Never had the issue before (other than after sitting for about the first year and I rode it from the old house to a shop) but the clutch is dragging a bit.

Did the clutch plates swell from sitting?

Should I adjust it now or let it settle in after getting it hot?

It is rid able just difficult to get into neutral.

After it gets oiled again from some run time it will be fine. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      After it gets oiled again from some run time it will be fine. Ray.
      Thanks Ray; was thinking that the case but could not remember.

Comment

Motor's junk.
        Bring it over.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I agwee with Ray. Run it and ride it. It will work itself out.
          G
          sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
          2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
          Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
          '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Motor's junk.
            Bring it over.
            I agree wih Bill. Send it here and I will fix it for you. Send the title too please.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              I agree wih Bill. Send it here and I will fix it for you. Send the title too please.
              OK I just have to get the legs stretched out to make the trip. SSPB hardly got a temp rise. It was the Compufire if anything got up to 75-80 deg.

Comment

Nice bike Mister.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It is looking good!
                  And if the clutch bothers you, pull the cover and the plates. Soak them overnight in oil and reassemble and you should be good.
                  Laters
                  G
                  sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                  2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                  Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                  '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
                    It is looking good!
                    And if the clutch bothers you, pull the cover and the plates. Soak them overnight in oil and reassemble and you should be good.
                    Laters
                    G
                    Thanks , I have about 100 miles on it now and it is settling in.

Comment

Working...
                    X