Anyone heard of Volar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of Volar?

I need a new throttle cable for my bike, and I was wondering if anyone had tried these?
    http://www.amazon.com/1980-1983-Suzu...throttle+cable
    It looks pretty affordable, but I'm worried that they'll be like motionpro cables. If no one has tried them I'd be willing to spend $12 to give them a shot, I was just wondering if someone already knew if they're good or not.

IIRC the throttle cable I got off eBay for my 78 1000 is a Volmar.Seems to be a quality piece,don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

I've never used a Volar cable but I have bought a 530 chain from the them for my GR650. It's been great so far. Not sure if this helps you or not...
      sigpic

1974 GT750 ...done, running and sold
      1974 GT550 .... under construction (done and sold)
      1978 GS550........all stock, running (going to do 550/650 build with it)
      1978 GS1000...another project (Given to son #2)
      1982 GS750EZ ...daily driver(given to son#1)
      1982 GS1100G...completed and traded to son #2 for the 750 back
      1982 GS750EZ...daily driver (got it back in trade with son #2)
      1983 GR650 Tempter.... engine rebuild completed (and sold)

Comment

The only experiance i've had is their brake pads are junk....
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I would just spend the $16.00 and get the O.E.M. cable myself and not take any chances with quality.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
            I would just spend the $16.00 and get the O.E.M. cable myself and not take any chances with quality.
            Yeah what he said.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
              Too late, I ordered it. I hadn't seen your post yet. I guess I'll just post a review of it once I've used it for a bit.

The plastic on my OEM cable broke near the adjuster next to where it hooks to the throttle. What I'd really like is to use a cable from a CB or some other cable where it's components are made of metal rather than plastic.

Comment

Volar chains apparently have a bad rap....
                Yet I have one on my 750, several thousand miles and no problems. It still has perfect slack, no tight spots. I've been on a few road trips, wheelies, burn-outs too. I'm beginning to wonder if people simply aren't installing them correctly, or maybe aren't installing new sprockets a long with the chain. Maybe it's hit or miss, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X