Tach Cable; Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach Cable; Lube

Quick question: OEM Tach cable or MotionPro? Does it matter?

OEM is $14
    Z1 has the MotionPro for $12

My other cables are MP, so I might stick with them. I need to lube the tach cable too, right? I have the MP Lube tool and lube can.

I asked in another thread, but never got a definitive answer: Is White Lithium Grease (like the one they sell at Home Depot/Lowes) ok to use as a general chassis grease? For example, the clutch push/twist mechanism?

Is a dab of RTV good for sealing in the "D" pieces in my valve cover?

Guess the MP tach cable would be fine. I would never use MP's clutch cables, there are no where as strong as the OEMs. Cable lubes, bout anything works, just no WD-40, I use the Triflow myself. I pull the cable housing off, pull the cable out, clean it and spray it down good with the Triflow and spray some down the house until it seeps out at the end. Reinstall. Same thing with the speedo as well.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
    X