Will GK and G seats interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will GK and G seats interchange

This must have been answered before but I couldn't find it. I don't particularly care for the GK molded "plant your butt here" seat and my butt is too close to the pegs for my arthritic knees to be comfortable. Will a G seat fit? If so it will make the sitting position a little taller won't it?

A G seat fits on a GK, but you need to remove the grab rail on the back as it interferes with the top box.

Not sure if it sits any taller.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

As Tom has said, the seats are interchangeable

If the seat from a "G" suits you, all you have to do is lock it in place and ride.
      There are no modifications involved.

I believe the G is just a tad taller than the GK seat, but memory has gone on that, since it I did it more than ten years ago.
      "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

From looking at other GKs I believe a PO has wittled down the thickness of the pilot seat. If true a stock GK seat might work.

Comment

The 1982 seat is better then the 1983. I bought a bread new 1983 G and the seat was way too dished.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
            The 1982 seat is better then the 1983. I bought a bread new 1983 G and the seat was way too dished.
            But you could ride it in your loafers?
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Here's a side shot of my bike. Notice how low the seat is in relation to the hump on the gas tank.

And here is Mayhem63's GK. Notice how much taller his seat is? Someone has been carving on mine me thinks.

Comment

Working...
              X