Whoa, baby!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, baby!!

I put new brake pads on my 850 and today I needed all of it as some old goat pulled out of his driveway to kill me. I would have gotten into him anyway except that I EXPECT people to do this and was therefore already past the reaction time problem. You can slide the front wheel with a full fairing more easily than I thought. I had maybe 4 feet between me and his front end. I offered him some words of advice.

Glad you didn't t-bone him! That hurts, a lot. You're spot on, gotta keep the old eyes peeled all the time and expect people to try to kill you.

Cheers,
    Muz

Comment

Look at your new pads. A hard stop before the pads were cooked in may have ruined them. It probably depends on how fast you were going. I ruined a new set of Vesrahs in one stop that way. They were triangular in cross section and rattled in the caliper after that, wouldn't stop well at all. This on an XS 650. It took a LOT of pad material off the one edge, about half of it IIRC.

Good for you on missing the old idiot.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Good idea, but I was only running about 45, so I'm probably good. They seem OK.

Comment

Working...
        X