Throttle cable routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle cable routing

I recently rebuilt my carbs and have had my bike disassembled (down to the frame). I am trying to figure out how the throttle cable is suppose to be routed. Currently I am having troulble setting the idle. It fluctuates if I just lightly touch the cable housing and it surges when I turn the bars.

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
    I recently rebuilt my carbs and have had my bike disassembled (down to the frame). I am trying to figure out how the throttle cable is suppose to be routed. Currently I am having troulble setting the idle. It fluctuates if I just lightly touch the cable housing and it surges when I turn the bars.
    Do you have a service manual for your bike, if you do there is a diagram that shows the routing of your throttle cable. If not, go to Basscliff's websiste and see if he has a manual for your bike there, though I pretty sure any 1100 manual from 80-83 will give you a good idea how to route your cable.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I was not aware the routing pictures were there. Thank you. I think this will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratcher09 View Post
        I was not aware the routing pictures were there. Thank you. I think this will help.
        Most welcome.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
        X