Parts In Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts In Canada

Just wondering where all of the Canadian GS owners are getting their parts from? Been looking around trying to decide where i should order from as there are no shops here where i can get parts at. Thanks all!
    Cheers
    Shane

Try your local Suzuki dealership. There are a few aftermarket order houses, but in reality Suzuki is your best bet for a lot of things unless you want performance parts.

I searched a few years ago, and there are some US based dealers that offer good prices, but since the dollar has plunged again the local dealer is your best option. Just try to deal with 1 parts person. After awhile they may give you a discount, I always manage anyways.
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

If you are looking for aftermarket stuff check out these guys.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Z1 or Partsoutlaw. Canadamotorcycle as mentioned is good for non OEM
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I have also run across a new (to me) Alberta Suzuki dealer whose prices are close to what the US dealers are offering:

Hi Line Motorsports is your one-stop shop for ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, and more in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. Visit our dealership to get yours today!
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Their website doesn't seem to exist, or not working. Have you used it before?
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I've had direct contact with Cheryl at HiLine...haven't been on the site in a couple of weeks, though. I see that they are upgrading their website.

I also use partsnmore and Sirius (SCI) every now and again. Partzilla and Parts Outlaw are my two gotos in the US, but I have the advantage of a US shipping address.

Spending time on EBay can reveal plenty of sellers. Take your time, inventory what you need, and look for people who will combine shipping.
              '83 GS650G

Comment

Here I have 2 suzuki dealer near me,
                one is a big shop and their price match shop, they charge you a certain % fee based on the bill, its not a dealer its a stealer (30 minutes away from me) and the other one is a really small one guy shop, he dosent have anything in stock but the price is almost the same as Mrcycle.
                Sometime its even lower, I order all the suzuki parts from him.(he 45 minutes from me)Before using this dealer i had very good business with Z1.

I order aftermarket stuff- tires-helmets from canadamotorcycle, great price (at least over here) and super fast shipping.
                Same with sirius, when we go to Niagara we stop by the sirius place, its more a warehouse than a dealer but he have almost everything listed on his website in stock.
                He even lower the price of some item.Great service.He sell on ebay but the price are higher than the sirius website.
                Marc
                Last edited by kochic; 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM.
                AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                1978 GS1000C X2
                1978 GS1000E X2
                1979 GS1000S
                1979 gs1000
                1983 gs400e

Comment

Z1 for me. Fast, cheap shipping and reasonably priced.

Comment

I came across this shop on the weekend.
                    it's the oldest motorcycle dealer in Vancouver and they specialize in Suzuki
                    Modern Motorcycling LTD
                    2816 Commercial Dr
                    Sales: (604) 876-0182
                    Parts: (604) 876-8131
                    Email: modernmc@telus.net

Comment

Yeah, been around almost forever. He was really big in the west coast road racing scene years ago and still sponsors riders as far as I know. He got lots of his parts by buying up stock from bankrupt dealers back in '80s and 90s. Some of the stuff on his website is an interesting read. http://www.modernmotorcycling.com/prt-main.htm

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
                      I came across this shop on the weekend.
                      it's the oldest motorcycle dealer in Vancouver and they specialize in Suzuki
                      Modern Motorcycling LTD
                      2816 Commercial Dr
                      Sales: (604) 876-0182
                      Parts: (604) 876-8131
                      Email: modernmc@telus.net
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Have you used them? Feedback?
                        1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjbj40 View Post
                          Have you used them? Feedback?
                          Modern?

Have you ever been in a shop where, if you didn't know exactly what you were looking for you were sometimes treated with derision, but if you were up on it, and could talk to the techs/managers/parts guys on their level, they'd move the world for you?

That can be Modern at times.

Myself, I find the owner/operator easy enough to deal with. Pricing is decent, considering the current exchange rate, but I suspect that buying locally and not eating the shipping costs pays off in this case. If I was on the east coast, I'd probably still order through Parts Outlaw.
                          '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                            Modern?

Have you ever been in a shop where, if you didn't know exactly what you were looking for you were sometimes treated with derision, but if you were up on it, and could talk to the techs/managers/parts guys on their level, they'd move the world for you?

That can be Modern at times.

Myself, I find the owner/operator easy enough to deal with. Pricing is decent, considering the current exchange rate, but I suspect that buying locally and not eating the shipping costs pays off in this case. If I was on the east coast, I'd probably still order through Parts Outlaw.
                            Thanks BigD, just the info I was looking for. Guess I will check Parts Outlaw, after I get a quote from local guys first, gotta give em a chance:-)

Comment

Working...
                            X