Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapped engine mount screw

Guys.
    The lower left screw that bolts the crankcase to the frame, part 01500-1055A, just snapped and the tip of the screw is stuck in place in the oval nut 09159-10020. It is very hard to access it, I can only see it through the rectangular hole under the engine. Do you have any idea on how I can remove this?stuck7.jpg

I hope you didn't remove some case savers and use bolts ( screws) which were too long? If bolts that are too long are used here it can punch a hole in the case and cause a severe oil leak. Be very cautious ....hopefully the bolt sheered and the case is fine. It looks as though the bolt is against the case on the left hand side of the photo. Clean it up and try to verify that the case isn't cracked.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks. No, the case is fine.
      I first looked into using a nut extractor and then I managed to wrench force the nut out of the hole since the broken piece was flush-level, and get the screw bit with it. Lotso fun due to the slippery shape of the nut.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X