Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cylinder sequence on 1980 gsx 750 16 valve?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cylinder sequence on 1980 gsx 750 16 valve?!

Hi all just stripped everything I need to to remove valve cover,following a very helpful guide been given on here,and suddenly realised I haven't a clue which is cylinder 1,which sequence they run in,it probably on here somewhere but struggling to find,anyone out there know,cheers ��

Cylinder order is 1,2,3,4 from left to right as you sit on the bike facing front. IE cylinder one in under your left leg. Other's will chime in on firing order. The coils under the tank left coil is 1,4 and right coil is 2,3.

Comment

Thanks for that,had a feeling that was the case,but followed these feelings before and ended up shafted...cheers ��

Comment

Originally posted by ad777 View Post
        Thanks for that,had a feeling that was the case,but followed these feelings before and ended up shafted...cheers ��
        Only the Japanese home market got shafts with a 750, but they didn't have 16 valves.

Back to your question, ... the firing order is 1, 2, 4, 3.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

that was me being shafted,not the bike...maybe it a Scottish thing! got cover off gasket good,bit of play in the chain, don't know if that meant to be. just to confirm, am a bit thick and need to triple check things, this is my instructions on the link I am following;#1 cylinder both the intake and exhaust side valves
          #2 cylinder exhaust side valves only
          #3 cylinder intake side valves only
          so that will be 1 2 3 4 cylinders, left to right nothing to do with firing sequence? may seem daft questions,but never done this before and want to be absolutely sure am doing it right!thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X