more problems,more questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more problems,more questions!

hi all, more stuff happening with my 1980 gsx 750. just reset valves, cleaned carbs and fitted new exhaust rubbers.still running rough and noticed that there is a petrol leak at the air filter side,at the rubber from one of the carbs,could understand it drawing air, but not leaking fuel, cant be sealed properly,think my clamp must be worn,which I am going to try and replace today,do you think that there still a blockage in the carb?another thing going on after setting valves is quite a loud tappity noise from top left of engine,am sure got settings right...but may have to go in check again, unless there is a connection with faulty carb... in a bit of a black hole here,all suggestions appreciated,cheers

Fuel leak may be caused by a sticking needle. Tap on the bowl for said carb.

As for cleaning carbs, did you do a FULL dip?

If you went a bit looser on the specs for the valves, they may tap a little bit.

Comment

I know in myself didn't clean thoroughly,lacking going in too deep,is there a how to clean carbs,step by step thread? Have to take them off to replace clips anyway.and will recheck valves...endless!��

Comment

Here you go:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Muchly appreciated! Just ordered new clamps to airbox,so got a couple of days before they arrive. Will study link tonite,many thanks again ��

Comment

Working...
          X