1980 gsx 750 chain and sprockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gsx 750 chain and sprockets

Hi all have to replace,chain tight/loose,and bouncing about. Can I get advice on best type of chain sprockets to get,any reasonable priced supplier in Britain?! Suzuki in Edinburgh costs a fortune. And is there a how to do it link anywhere? Thanks in advance,as ever��

Originally posted by ad777 View Post
    Hi all have to replace,chain tight/loose,and bouncing about. Can I get advice on best type of chain sprockets to get,any reasonable priced supplier in Britain?! Suzuki in Edinburgh costs a fortune. And is there a how to do it link anywhere? Thanks in advance,as ever😊
    Might try Z1 Enterprises here in the States and see if they ship to there. This would be a good time to do the 630 to 530 chain and sprocket conversion. http://www.z1enterprises.com/
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Will investigate! Thanks for that.still trying to find a how to link? Cheers

Comment

There are threads on this but one of the best options is to email/call the folks at Z1 and ask them what you need for the conversion. I know others have done that with success. They don't just sell parts, they're fairly knowledgeable about these bikes too.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Plenty of places over here that will see you right - shipping (plus the dreaded import duty that now seems unavoidable) will kill buying from the U.S.

I bought my last set from Wemoto.co.uk - decent price and solid guys to deal with.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thank you both,did wonder about shipping from America,and had forgotten about wemoto....used to get stuff from them years ago.further question,my rear sprocket looks nearly brand new,still got squared off tips,need to check the front one.chain looks old,its like they changed sprocket,n not chain. If I didn't do conversion could I just get chain,or is that cutting corners?!

Comment

Working...
            X